Hotel Newport is the perfect base for a family getaway – an idyllic town for a holiday, it is at the heart of the Wild Atlantic Way on the doorstep of the Great Western Greenway with stunning surroundings and views that are hard too beat! Newport has so much to offer with lots of things to do and place to see, from walking and cycling trails, a variety of outdoor activities and lively Irish pubs with great music and even better company! Spend some quality time and enjoy some family fun together in the beautiful West of Ireland at Hotel Newport!
The town is made for families with so much to do, not matter the weather, Check out our list of 'Rainy Day Activities'. Also with free parking all year round leaves families free to explore the town and environs. There is so much for your family to enjoy on your holiday at Hotel Newport. Some more adventure ideas include:
- Get on your bike. Of course the Greenway is a 'must do' for every family during your stay
- Simply want to play in the park? On the south side of the river there is a lovely playground area in an idyllic waterside location, complete with picnic tables and access to the 19th century viaduct.
- Set out on a treasure hunt. Children LOVE our town treasure hunt – just pick up a copy at the Newport Tourist Office, find all the locations in the clues, and claim your prize back at the Tourist Office.
- Have fun on the water! Clew Bay is not just for anglers. During the summer months children and adults alike can enjoy some time on the water. Stand-Up Paddling (SUP) and Kayaking are just some of the activities available, and the younger children go bananas for ‘Splash’ – water zorbing, water trampoline, diving boards and general mayhem! The nearby blue flag Mulranny Beach is also always a top choice for families staying with us,
- Fancy a game of football? A large astroturf pitch is available from 10am-10pm daily beside the school - the area also includes an exercise zone and a basketball court.
Greenway Family Break 2 B&B,1 Meal, Bike Hire from €269
This package offers 2 night bed & breakfast and a delicious family meal in Cobblers Restaurant. Also included is one days bike hire to cycle the Great Western Greenway. You will also have a packed lunch with you to enjoy along the way.
This is based on 2 Adults & 2 Children (under 12yrs) sharing in a family room.
- View All Offers